Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Project two, Phase one

Just a quick post, showing that we do more than make wine in this household. We are in the very preliminary stages of starting to MAKE BEER too! As proof of such, I stopped by the Lincoln Center recycle bins yesterday and picked up 50 empty beer bottles. I just rinsed them out and here they are drying in our dishrack. And at our local supply store, called Hops and Berries, we found out they sell beer making kits for beginners like us. So, we will choose between an amber ale, or a pale ale, or a brown ale. Then when we have mastered that we will move on to making others such as ESBs or whatever we like! Hooray for new hobbies!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Nate said...

AWESOME!!! Man, what fun! I've been brewing up a storm lately, trying to get my inventory built back up, and I've got two bags of grain still waiting to brew... Whew!

But I can't wait to talk to you about brewing and yeast and hops and temperature and ... the waiting... oh, man, the waiting! But you should be good at that, with your wine already, but it seems like since beer only takes a month or two that it should be ready NOW! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home