Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving and Snowshoeing

Mom and I had a really nice Thanksgiving Day at the Mannings. We had a great dinner together at about 1 p.m., with Patsy, Jerry, Michael, Megan, Maria, Keith, Trent, Mitchell, Scott, Jen, and Zoe. It was fun to visit and catch up on news. Then we went over to a park and had a great game of touch football. Maria's boys are old enough now that they can really play - and they sure tired Jerry and me out!


Then today (Friday) we went up to Rocky Mountain park for some snowshoeing. We got to the Bear lake parking lot and there wasn't very much snow. Then we saw some folks coming back carrying snowshoes and they told us they had just been up the Flattop Mountain trail, which is where we planned to go. They said the snow for the first 1/2 mile wasn't very good, but then it got better. So, off we went, and it turned out to be really nice. The higher we got the better it was and hardly any people. Where we hiked to was the Dream Lake Overlook which is above where we hiked last year, looking down over Dream Lake. With Long's Peak in the background, it was really beautiful.


Then we went down to Estes Park and did a bit of shopping for the Jeopardy prizes. There were people everywhere, and it turned out they had a big parade scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. But we got tired of waiting, so went on over to the Estes Park Brewery - where they had the parade being shown live on EPTV (Estes Park TV)! Mom got a nice Marzen beer and I got a red, and we relaxed and had some dinner and watched the entire parade from there.

After being stuck in post parade traffic for a while, we made it home and we're both pooped out from a big, but wonderful day!

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Pinolera said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It sure sounds like you had a great holiday! Couldnt have spent it any better. I am already trying to warm up my brain for jeopardy, as the defending champ I really have to do my best this year!!
Love you both, have a great weekend!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Justin Schroeder said...

Nice picture of you guys in Rocky Mountain national park! Wish I was there with you - what a shot. And beer in estes park - doesn't get much better than that. I'm having a good time here, in New Jersey. helped clean Lisa's gutters today...warm weather here.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Awesome! I somehow forgot to check my Schroeder blog feed all weekend so I'm just reading this now -- sounds like a really fun day! I'm glad you and mom had such a good Thanksgiving, I was thinking it must be a weird transition with none of the kids home this year... But Christmas is just around the corner! Woo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home