Saturday, September 23, 2006

North to Alaska!

I'm about to head down to the airport for my trip to Anchorage, Alaska. I'm looking forward to the conference and some time to hike and birdwatch. The weather forecast is for cool (high 40's to low 50's) and wet, so that's not too exciting. But as long as it doesn't snow, I should be able to get out and do some hiking.

One place I want to go is the Chugach mountains, just to the east of Anchorage. There are a few trails that are 3 miles or so that get you up to the alpine. I can get up early, do that, and not miss my meetings! One of the birds I hope to see up in the alpine is the Rock Ptarmigan.

I also have a few really nice restaurants in mind, including the Glacier BrewHouse Brewery.

I'll post more when I get back home. And tell you if I saw any new birds, of course!

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Wow, dude. That brewery sounds like it has some AMAZING seasonal beers... What fun! And, I'm sure the birds will be good too. B&B, can't beat that!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Oops. I was reading this going, hmm, I can't believe I didn't know Rick was going to Alaska -- and how the heck is he still posting about Te Beagh?? And I even left a comment. Dag. Turns out that somehow this post just showed back up in my blog reader and I didn't check the date - 7 months ago! Embarrassed much? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home