Monday, September 04, 2006

Fall in the Fort

It's such a great time of year, and since you all can't be here we thought we'd post a few pix of our place. We're getting quite a few apples this year. I made a few apple crisps and last night we were having dinner on the patio and Quentin suggested that we make some apple cider! Sounds like a great idea - now we need to find a press and figure out how.

The flowers and vines around the patio are really filling in. it's such a nice place to relax - we wish you were all here and we could have a glass of wine together!

Besides the nice apple crop, we are also getting a good number of my favorite - raspberries! I just love snacking on a few each time I go out in the yard. What a treat.

I was walking over to take a picture of the pond and I noticed two young mourning doves very close by. They were totally unafraid and they wandered over to the waterfall for a drink and just hung around while I took some pix. I
wish all birds were as cooperative and easy to get such good looks!

Tomorrow Quentin heads to Scotland! He has a 7 a.m. flight, so we'll be getting up early. He's all packed and ready to go. Mom and he did a good job going over the packing lists and getting him some new clothes, etc. He has a big layover in Chicago, so will get to visit with Laurel and Freddie and Grandma and Grandpa too, so that will make the trip even more fun. Then it is a direct flight from Chicago to Glasgow. Then a bus ride to Edinburgh for orientation, and then on to Stirling. He'll have a short homestay with a family and then start classes. We, of course, are very excited to go over and see him and travel together. What fun!

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Nice pics! I'm jealous of your apples, I would love to make some cider some time... But who has time!

Our garden is going through a second round of insane growth - mostly the pumpkin. There are a ton of new flowers and I'm afraid two new baby pumpkins. It's growing ALLLLL over the garden, and out the fence. I can't even get back to cucumbers any more. Next year, I think: no pumpkin. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home