Friday, October 06, 2006

Nice hike and Fall colors

John Bartholow and I took about a 5 mile hike today in a new Larimer county open space called Eagle's nest. It was really beautiful, the weather was warm (almost 80 degrees!), the fall colors were gorgeous and we even saw a golden eagle!

We came upon some neat rock formations. The one in the photo here looked like a rock monster with three fingers trying to climb up out of the ground. It made me think of the great story I would have told if we had found it when all of you were kids.

Then to top off the nice fall day, I picked the last of our apples and made a yummy apple crisp. Then Mom and I sat on the patio, Regan ate a fair number of elm sticks (she really likes them!), and we spotted a deer bedded down in the old paddock area. Tomorrow a front moves through and Sunday the high is only going to be in the 50's. But today was perfect!

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Q Schroe said...

That sounds so gorgeous. I'll need to start getting some pictures of my hikes posted for comparison! Of course, I'm hiking in 12 degree weather over here.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Wow, that first picture is incredible, what colors! I wish we would have found that rock monster years ago, that sounds like it would have been a great story... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home