Monday, December 04, 2006

Visit with Grandpa P and G&G S.

I just got back from a trip out to West Virginia and on the way out I visited with Grandpa Pulfrey and on the way back I stopped and visited with my folks. It was good to see them all. Grandpa P. is doing pretty well and you can see his new room in the photo. He has his comfy reclining chair and lots of his paintings and photos there. I brought him some chocolate chip cookies and some sparkling apple cider. Diane and Dick were there and we all visited for a while. It was nice to see Grandpa. After our visit, Diane and Dick and I went out for dinner and had a nice visit too.

Then I worked the week, and stopped off in Chicago the next weekend. Laurel and I went out for lunch at Cafe 28, a Cuban-Mexican restaurant on 1800 W. Irving Park, and caught up on news. She'll have to post a blog entry on her site with her news! Then I visited with my folks and played some pool and cards, and Laurel came over for lunch on Sunday. All in all, a very nice time - I enjoyed seeing everyone. Given the distance, it's important to stop by when I can. Family is the best!

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Nate said...

That's so cool that you are able to (fairly often, even) combine work with quick family visits. I'm glad you got to see everyone - and I hope Laurel reads this soon and posts her "news"! What??

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Justin Schroeder said...

Love the pic of you and Grandpa. I'm gonna call him tomorrow and thank him for being my grandpa. I love that you visited him and brought treats, too. And yeah, it's fun to catch up with the clan in Chicago! I enjoyed my Novemeber time there. I, too, wonder about Laurel's news? Another big party this summer or next?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home