Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Elections geekiness - or - hope springs eternal?

I have found myself spending a fair amount of time these days following the various Democratic party primaries and caucuses. Maybe even enough to qualify for geek status. But I'm not often this interested or this geeky. Deeper down, I think I am doing this because I am hoping to be able to have some hope! Ok, so I should say that I am rooting for Barack Obama. I don't think he is perfect by any means. But I do like his basic message, I like his grassroots organizing, I like his background working in the inner city of Chicago. And I like that he does give me a small feeling of hope. And I just don't get this same feeling from Hillary Clinton. So, that's not very scientific, but it is how I feel. I am sooooooo tired of George Bush and what he has done that I want someone as President who I think will be different and offer new ideas, and yes, hope. Barack Obama seems to offer that possibility. So, that's my two cents worth on elections 2008!

8 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Pinolera said...

I agree! In the spirit of geekiness I'd be interested in checking out links to blogs or sites you are following. Just in case I have a spare second at work one day :)

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Rick said...

One site that I like is Daily Kos. And then for more mainstream, I look at Google news, or search for such things as "delegate count" on Google news.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Gobama!

Actually, speaking of fun, I don't know if this is only funny cause I'm on the internet all the time and familiar with LOL Cats, but you should all check out lolbama.com. :)

Or first look up lolcats for some "context... As it were. :)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, speaking of fun, I don't know if this is only funny cause I'm on the internet all the time and familiar with LOL Cats, but you should all check out
https://www.filmseyretfilmizle.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home