Friday, January 25, 2008

Best. Gift. Ever.

It all started with a soft knock on the door. Then Regan barked. I got up in time to see the UPS truck pull away. And then ... I saw the package.

All I can say is Nate must have spent quite some time wrapping these up, because it took me quite a while to unwrap them from all the cardboard, tape, bubble wrap, newspaper, more cardboard, etc!! But they arrived safe and sound, and I am eager to sample my January gift - "Cold Snap Stout". And I think Nate gets some kind of prize too for writing the descriptions - check out the details in the photo. What fun!

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Woo hoo! Go UPS! ...or at least, this time - the first shipping attempt the driver dropped as he was taking them out the door from the dropoff facility! They called me to apologize, but since they officially (don't ask don't tell) don't ship alcohol, they couldn't do anything for me. So I packed the hell out of this one and gave it a few test drops - solid!

My next tries I think I'll use actual popcorn. I read several places indicating that it outperformed almost every other packing material in terms of keeping fragile things intact! And then you'll have less mess to deal with - you can just feed it to the chickens!

Enjoy!! And all you local Schroeders, swing by for a pint from the tap!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger mps said...

I sure am glad I live with the Colorado recipient of Cold Snap Stout since I can't stop by for a pint from the tap!

I think popcorn as packing material sounds great. The chickens will be happy when the next beer shipment arrives.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Pinolera said...

swing by for a pint off the tap? Hell yeah - I am on my way over right now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home