Sunday, January 13, 2008

Let's get bloggin'!

Well, I guess it's the post-holiday doldrums or whatever, but the blogs have been pretty slow lately. Here's a quick update from my way. Big news is that Emmie, Andy, Edie, and Avery will be coming on Sunday Feb. 3 for a few days, and then Penny and Ted will be here from Feb. 6 to 12th. It will be great to see them, and for them to see Patsy and Jerry and Grandma and Grandpa. They will all sleep here and use our place as a base.

Grandma has an appointment Jan. 28 to get an evaluation for a cochlear implant. If she is a candidate, it has the possibility of helping her regain some hearing. She would have a surgery to do the implant and then lots of training afterwards. So, we'll see what they say on the 28th.

I'm in town this week but then off to Montana from the 22nd to 24th. Work is doing well, but I am getting more and more excited about retirement! I have been accepted for a conference in Barcelona Spain in October but still need final approval from USGS. If I go, Mom will come too and we'll make it fun!

I am totally enjoying the best Christmas present ever from Nate. I have now had 3 of the 4 beers he gave me at Christmas and they have all been incredible. I've been writing down tasting notes and trying to refine the way I taste and experience the beers. It is really fun and I am enjoying it a bunch.

Mom and I will be bottling two batches of red wine next weekend - one is the Vieux Chateau de Roi that we made for the Solas' wedding - we liked it so much we wanted some for ourselves!

Happy 2008 to everyone - hope it is as good a year for seeing all of you as last year was!

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Yay, good update! Glad you're enjoying your present so far, there's some great stuff in the pipeline! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home