Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Updates and such

My friend Ken Hood died early this morning. It kind of surprised me, because I saw him at Church the Sunday before Christmas and he seemed pretty good. Maybe he wanted to wait to see his family at Christmas and then be done. He had talked to me about whether he should even try to hold on much longer, and I wonder if he had any control over the timing of his death. Hard to say. There will be a memorial service at Church on Saturday and I will speak a bit on behalf of the Men's Group. I hope I can hold it together ok.

So, even though this makes me sad, I am still glowing inside from the Christmas visit. I can't even imagine how it could have been a better time. It was so great that you were all here together and that we did such fun stuff, and had time to talk and play. It filled my tanks, that's for sure!

I'm still waiting to hear from the biologists in Mexico about my possible trip and helping teach at a workshop. I hope it all works out, and I hope I can teach in Spanish - it would be really good to have to do that. I'm lucky to have these opportunities.

I can't believe we will be together again in a few weeks in Chicago. I love it! And all of you too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home