Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Plans for snowshoeing!

I've been getting some maps and info for our snowshoe day, and am getting more and more excited! We'll head up to the Bear Lake parking lot in Rocky Mountain National Park, and then go toward Nymph, Dream, and Emerald Lakes. As this article says, it is a great first snowshoe destination, and the scenery is amazing.
We'll keep it flexible, so if anyone gets tired or cold they can head back and we'll all meet later at a restaurant in Estes Park, and those who want to go on a bit more can. Here's a map of the area and additonal information on elevations, etc.

Yipperooney - the only downside I can think of is that we'll be lucky to see 2 or 3 different species of birds! Here's my prediction - gray jay, mountain chickadee and one mystery bird!

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Karen Solas said...

That was my favorite place to snowshoe when I lived there, and exactly the route I was going to suggest! YAY! I CAN'T WAIT!!! AND I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF CAPS LOCK TODAY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home