Sunday, June 15, 2008

Great Father's Day!

I had a really nice day today. Marianne and I went over to Grandma and Grandpas for a brunch at about 11:30 a.m.. The food was great and we had a nice visit. We got Grandpa some Scottish shortbread, a coupon for going out to play pool at Coopersmith's and a little bottle of Southern Comfort! He doesn't drink much anymore with all of his medications, but the other day he said he missed having a bit of Southern Comfort. So, Mom suggested we get him the little shooter bottle, and I think he'll enjoy a wee taste now and then!

In the afternoon, Mom and Quentin and I took Te Beagh for a walk by the Poudre, with the idea that maybe we could wade in with her and see if she wanted to swim a bit. She really likes the water but we haven't had a chance to see if she likes to swim. But the river was really cold, and running pretty high and strong, so we could only get her in up to her belly. So, maybe later this summer we'll try again. She does like the water, but we'll have to wait and see if she wants to swim!

Then we came home and Mom cooked up a delicious paella. Yummmmmyyyyy! And I went down into the wine cellar and found a 2 year old home made Spanish Rioja to go with it. So, we enjoyed a very nice meal together. And I got calls or cards from all the kids, so it was a super day! Being a father is such an important part of my life. And today was a great day.

P.S. - even Te Beagh knew that she should "bow" to me today!! (She has really learned the "Who's your boss?" trick).

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Yay, sounds like a blast! Bruno is still a HUGE chicken about the water. Maybe this summer when we finally take him camping we can find a quiet lake and take some time talking him into it... Although, I think I read our lake surface temperatures are about 10 degrees below normal!! So maybe no swimming yet...

No fair posting the paella picture! I'm looking at these before lunch at work, and now I'm totally drooling... Yummm...

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger freddie said...

Sounds like a fun day! Can't wait to see you in August.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Pinolera said...

Happy Fathers Day! I was thinking about you, and hoping you were enjoying the day! Maybe we can try again to take Te swimming or wading when I visit! Cant wait to see you. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home