Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Potluck Post

Given that I haven't posted in a while, I figured I'm due. No one topic for this, just several thoughts in no particular order.

The worst, first. I am totally fed up with our country, it's leaders, and the war. I just read this sober assessment of the situation on Alternet. I sent the link to our Senator and Representative, and the local paper, but who knows if they will even look at it. I feel pretty hopeless, and that isn't a good thing. But it does seem so hard to see how things are going to get better.

On better news, Te Beagh is doing well and getting a lot bigger. She weighs over 40 pounds and when she and Regan rough-house, she can hold her own more and more. She gets two big walks each day to help tire her out, and is sleeping through the night all the time now. That is good news, indeed!

Things at work are good. I'm enjoying working on the article in Spanish and hope to get that published this year. I'm lucky that it is a bit slower right now, with no travel until October, because I have a lot to do to help my folks move out here.

And speaking of Grandma and Grandpa, things are progressing well with getting them out here. There are a lot of details yet to happen, but mostly things are falling into place. I am now starting to think about what it will be like to have them living here, and how it will affect our lives. It will take a while to adjust, for them and for us, but I am looking forward to it. Here are a couple of nice photos from their home. It's strange to think that they won't live there anymore, but it is a good time to make this change.


1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Somehow this post snuck past my radar! Not sure if the script missed it or what - I guess we'll know after we see or don't see the birthday post...

I hear you on our gov't. It's unreal, the amount of slime on Gonzales, and he's not being impeached!?

Bruiser's still about 80 pounds, so Te Beagh better start eating her Wheaties so they can play rough! Actually he's great with all sizes of dogs, so I'm sure it will be a match made in heaven!

And your parents, whew. Big changes - for them, and for you. Keep us posted, I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes anywhere but on the wedding, but it's important to keep the bigger family picture in mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home