Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Te Beagh update

It's been a while since we posted about the puppy, so here's a short update on Te Beagh. She had her spay done last Thursday and is doing fine. They said to keep her kind of quiet for 5 days and that has been a challenge. We have kept her from romping with Regan and she really misses it. We are taking her for short walks to get some of her energy out. We had started to let her be in more of the house, but for now it's back to the kitchen and dining rooms with the fence blocker.

She probably weighs about 40 pounds by now, it will be interesting to see how big she gets. Since we don't know just what she has for pedigree, it's hard to say.

She does her "high-fives" very well, and behaves on her walks, and is generally a really good puppy. The hardest part for me is she still gets up at night some, and I'm not too cheery in the middle of the night! And she gets up in the morning at 5:30 or 6. Not bad on the days I work, but hard on the weekends. But it soon shall pass, and I will relish the chance to sleep in a bit.

She loves to play this game with her ball. She drops it between the slats on the bench and then paws at it to get it out - and repeats! Smart puppy!

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Argh! She's so big! I love her! I need to come to Colorado again soon.. to see you guys, I mean.

PS, can I put in a request for a video? The pictures are great, but I need more to get my Te Beagh fix.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Hmm, Bruno plays a similar game with his tennis ball, only his favorite is when he manages to get it well and truly stuck or out of reach -- at which point the game becomes so annoying and pathetic that his (well-trained) owners will come to help him out. Hmm, indeed!

What a cutie is she growing up to be! Glad she's healing well, and here's hoping she starts sleeping through the night soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home