Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Merlot is in the bottle!

Yippee! We bottled our first batch of wine today, and of course, sampled a bit as we did. It went really well. And it tastes good already - so in two months or so it should be even better! Here's a few photos of the process - bottling, corking, and the finished 28 bottles! The corker is sweet - it squeezes the cork and then pushed it down into the bottle, all in one fast motion. You have to really apply a lot of pressure, but it works very well. Now we have to wait! So, it's off to Coopersmith's tonight to celebrate. Love you all.

4 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Justin Schroeder said...

You guys are incredible! I just spoke with JJ and she and her sister were getting a chuckle out of our blogs, because it gives them insight into how I got to be the way I am...ie, hey, I think I'll research and buy a unicycle today! Or, as in your case, hey, I think we'll research some wine making operation and bottle 28 bottles after fixing up the crawl space!! I love it. Great pics..hope you had a great time at Coops. Love you both!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Keeeeewwwwllll!!! I can't wait to try some wine!!!

I just last week transferred my "Gulden Draak" (Golden Dragon) (Belgian Ale) to a secondary fermenter, and it came it at 11.25% alcohol by volume! So... Not wine, but as strong as wine = delicious beer. I didn't think it would be ready for K's graduation party but it's doing so well I may just have to keg it and see...

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger steve said...

I've been hearing about the wine making and imagining wonderful things. And now that I've had a chance to get (somewhat) caught up on reading some blog entries - I can only second Nate's comment - keeeewwwwwlllllll!!! Can't wait to taste a sample at Karen's grad party.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger steve said...

I've been hearing about the wine making and imagining wonderful things. And now that I've had a chance to get (somewhat) caught up on reading some blog entries - I can only second Nate's comment - keeeewwwwwlllllll!!! Can't wait to taste a sample at Karen's grad party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home